As you get ready for an interview, you know it’s a good idea to prepare so you give a good first impression. You should look up information on the company by going to its website, looking on the web for articles about the company, and carefully studying the job description so you can see how your experience and skills match. Most importantly, after looking at all of this information, you need to be able to answer this question: “Why do you think you will be successful in this job?”
- While getting to know the company…think about yourself working there. What do they make or do? Who do they work with and who do they work for? As you learn this, think about how you – with your background – can help them create their product and help them work better with the other companies they do business with. Write all this down for yourself and go in to the interview familiar with the company and how it handles its business, and be ready to explain how you can help them be more successful.
- While looking at the job description…again, think of yourself working there, and write down how your experience and skills will help you succeed in that position and how that will help the company succeed as a result. The company wants to hire you because they’re looking for someone who can do this, so be ready to talk about it. In an interview, tell the interviewer that you looked at the job description, and explain how your background will allow you to excel at this position and improve the company as well.
- When preparing to answer the question asked above…prepare some questions of your own that show you understand how important it is to help the company. Some examples:
- What have past employees done to succeed in this position?
- What would you say are the three most important skills needed to excel in this position?
- How can I best contribute to the department?
Asking questions like these tell the interviewer that you want to do your job well so the company will do well, too.
If you can prepare for the interview using these points, you will walk in with confidence and impress the interviewers because you understand you’re not just there to work – you’re part of a team with the same goal, and prepared to do your part to help that team succeed. Contact the experienced Miami recruiting team at Creative Staffing today to help you prepare for your next interview!